What's New: June 2020
Now we've made it even easier than ever for you to tell us who you're looking for!
- You can now set preferences that apply for everyone you see, including smoking, pets, diet, and more. To edit these preferences, simply visit your profile and click on "Looking For" on the sidebar.
- We will take this new information about who you are and the type of people you’re interested in to suggest better matches for you on OkCupid. Your preferences will be applied site-wide.
- To be seen by more people, you'll also want to add more information about yourself! Simply visit your profile and click on the COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE banner.
- Read more here.
Black Lives Matter
Change starts with conversation, and the Black Lives Matter movement is driving some of the most important conversations of our time. As a place that fosters connection and conversation, OkCupid is committed to supporting the movement and helping our users connect over their shared support as well. There is more work to be done, but here’s what we’re doing today:
- We’re donating $1 million in advertising space on OkCupid to Black civil rights organizations. These amazing non-profits deserve a space to be heard, and if we can help in even a small way, we’re honored to do that.
- For our users, we’re rolling out a 🖤 #BlackLivesMatter profile badge in over a dozen countries. OkCupid users can get the badge on their profile by answering “yes” to the question “Do you want to support the #BlackLivesMatter movement by adding a badge to your profile?”
- We’ve made a donation to the NAACP, the ACLU, Black Girls CODE, and Fair Fight Action.
- We added new questions, including
- How will you address racial inequality?
- Is it important that your date fights for racial justice?
- Is it OK to silently support racial equality?
- Do you protest to fight inequality?
More information on our Blog Post.
🌈 Pride Updates
In honor of Pride, we've made a rainbow theme for conversations on the most recent version of our iOS app. Update your app to 42.3.0 to see it!
Now even more options! We're happy to announce that we have released an update to orientation details and preferences to encompass a broader swatch of the ace-spectrum.
We also added this question: Will you be attending a virtual Pride event this year?
- The latest version of our iOS App is 42.4.0
- The latest version of our Android App is 42.4.0
⭐️ We are currently only supporting Android app versions 37.3.1 and higher.
- Wondering how to date while social distancing? Check out our guide to virtual dating.
- Want more ideas? Check out OkCupid’s Twitter where we’re sharing tips, or our Instagram.
- We also wrote a blog post about the changes we've been seeing on OkCupid. Check it out: Love in the Time of Corona: Massive Spikes in Matching, Messaging and Virtual Dates Around the World
- Are you also working from home? Our Director of Customer Experience wrote an article: The washing your hands guide for your mind: Essential steps to staying mentally healthy while working from home.
👀 Want to see what you missed last month? Click here to see what was new in May