Black Lives Matter
Change starts with conversation, and the Black Lives Matter movement is driving some of the most important conversations of our time. As a place that fosters connection and conversation, OkCupid is committed to supporting the movement and helping our users connect over their shared support as well. There is more work to be done, but here’s what we’re doing today:
- We’re donating $1 million in advertising space on OkCupid to Black civil rights organizations. These amazing non-profits deserve a space to be heard, and if we can help in even a small way, we’re honored to do that.
- For our users, we’re rolling out a 🖤 #BlackLivesMatter profile badge in over a dozen countries. OkCupid users can get the badge on their profile by answering “yes” to the question “Do you want to support the #BlackLivesMatter movement by adding a badge to your profile?” (If you want to remove the badge from your profile, just answer the question privately or answer 'no')
- We’ve made a donation to the NAACP, the ACLU, Black Girls CODE, and Fair Fight Action.
- We added new questions, including
- How will you address racial inequality?
- Is it important that your date fights for racial justice?
- Is it OK to silently support racial equality?
- Do you protest to fight inequality?
More information on our Blog Post.