Upgrading to OkCupid Premium from OkCupid Basic
So you've tried our Basic membership but feel like you need a few more features? Great news - you can upgrade to Premium!
Upgrade using your iPhone
- Once you upgrade, changes to your subscription will occur within 24 hours or less and you will be charged for your new OkCupid Premium subscription immediately. Apple should issue a refund for the remaining time that you had left on OkCupid Basic. For more details about the billing process, please contact Apple Support directly.
Upgrade using your Android
- If you've subscribed using your Google Play Store account, once you upgrade, changes to your subscription will be made immediately. Any remaining credit that you had left for OkCupid Basic will be applied to your new OkCupid Premium subscription. A new subscription renewal date will be assigned to you, and you will be charged for OkCupid Premium on this date. For more details about the billing process, please contact Google Play Support directly.
- If you subscribed directly using your credit card, once you upgrade, changes to your subscription will occur within 24 hours or less and you will be charged for your new OkCupid Premium subscription immediately. A refund will be issued for the remaining time that you had left on OkCupid Basic, but this transaction may not appear immediately in your account.
Upgrade using OkCupid.com
- Once you upgrade, changes to your subscription will occur within 24 hours or less and you will be charged for your new OkCupid Premium subscription immediately. A refund will be issued for the remaining time that you had left on OkCupid Basic, but this transaction may not appear immediately in your account.
Please note that you are only able to change the type of subscription you have (OkCupid Basic to OkCupid Premium), not the amount of time associated with the subscription package. For example, if you’ve subscribed to OkCupid Basic for 6 months and upgrade to OkCupid Premium, you’ll only be able to choose the 6 month OkCupid Premium subscription package.
What's the difference between the two memberships?
- Great question! You can compare Basic and Premium here.
Why are there are two charges on my statement? I thought I was only paying the difference.
- When you upgrade, we automatically refund whatever time is remaining in your Basic membership, and then rebill for Premium. The Basic refund may not show up right away, but it should be credited to your account within 3-5 business days.
I'm getting an error message about my payment method. What's wrong?
- We require that you use the same payment method for your upgrade that was used for your Basic membership purchase. For example, if you purchased Basic through the App Store, the only way you'll be able to pay for a Premium upgrade is to use your App Store account from the app on an iOS device. If for some reason you're not able to use the same payment method, you can contact us and we'll be happy to help.
I upgraded through the App Store but Premium doesn't work. What should I do?
- Any time you have a problem with an App Store purchase, your first step should be to restore the transaction. This doesn't bill you for anything additional; it just syncs your OkCupid account with your App Store account to make sure we have the most up-to-date purchase information. If you're still not able to use Premium after restoring, get in touch and we can help.
I'm getting an error message that I can't be upgraded. I already bought Basic. Does this mean it's not active?
- The short answer is: no, that's not what it means. Your Basic membership is active and you can use all of the features included with it. This error message just means we can't upgrade you to Premium. This may be because your payment is being declined, or you've canceled your subscription.
I canceled my subscription. Why can't I upgrade?
- Presently we're only allowing members with active subscriptions to upgrade. This means that if you cancel the automatic renewal of your membership, you won't be eligible to upgrade to Premium without contacting support.